blog background

Monday, August 16, 2010

Scraproom

Some of my most favorite posts of all time are when people let me into their space and show me where they create. Mine is a work in progress. It hasn't been very long that I have had my own room so I'm still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I have seen some very beautiful rooms and although I wouldn't say mine is ugly or anything it's just more simple and hodge podged together, for now. So welcome into my space...
If after you walk in and look to the right you see this wall of 2 book cases. I know the picture is small but on there I have many of my beloved pictures plus storage for what I have to scrap (on the bottom shelf), project kits (on the top shelf), my old Sizzix dies and machine that I gave to my sister (on the top shelf), my paper scraps and 8.5X11 paper, my albums, and some of my embellishments in the white drawers. Off to the right, you can see the "vanity room" of a Jack and Jill bathroom that the room shares with my boys' room.
Following is the view from my "vanity room". The table I use is our old kitchen room table. I like that it is counter height. It's not what I would have picked if I was were decorating the room but since I didn't have to buy anything special because we were replacing our kitchen room table I figured it was fine. :) Also, if you look closely, on the wall are my stamps. I don't have a lot, but I try to only keep what I use and pass the rest on. I have unmounted all my stamps and put them in clear DVD cases from Stampin' Up. I have used wall DVD storage from IKEA. I have two shown, they were only $6 a piece!
In this picture, to the left I have my Original Cricut machine which is on my 12X12 paper storage unit. Just to the right of that I have 2 3X3 cube storage units. I am in the process of replacing the really red boxes with the burgundy. On these cube units is where I tend to store almost everything. I have my Cuddle bug and supplies, my Sidekick and supplies, I have my radio, I have my Stampin' Up Stamps, embellishments, my ribbons and fibers, my Prima flowers, my circle cutter and much much more.
This is where I sit! I have my light sweatshirt draped over my chair when I get cold. It doesn't happen too often but when I'm crafting in the middle of the night I get chillier as I get more and more tired. I have my trash can to the left. Next to that I have a 3 drawer unit thing -- I love this. I got it at Walmart for $20! In the top drawer I keep miscellaneous supplies. Middle drawer I keep all my adhesives. I haven't assigned anything to the bottom drawer yet. :) On the top I have my two Tote-ally Cool pink and brown totes. I have one of the minis. It is too cute! :) I also have other odds and ends up there and a small sewing machine I got from HSN which I haven't used yet. On top of my table I have two mats, two little garbage cans and two red lights and now another desk light in black. Notice I have two of everything so that I can easily have guest over.
This is the view from where I sit. I get to see all who enter... muhahaha! :) Actually, I adore visitors into my space! My 9 year old son comes to craft and play on my Cricut quite often. And as you can see my beloved companion (my Mac) is never too far away.
From where I sit, if I look to the right I see my cube storage. From the left there is a white drawer storage (want to get black... see a theme here? lol) in there I have my Stampin Up wheels, my embossing tools, extra envelops, stickers and other embellishments, my acrylic blocks for my stamps, and I think that's it. I have already told you what is in the rest of the picture, I think.
So there you have it, a peek into my world. :) I'm glad you could join me! I loved having you! If you have any specific questions, don't be afraid to ask. Can't wait to share more with you next time!!!

Oh, and PS -- sorry about the glare in the photos, I don't know how that happened! I tried to fix it but it wouldn't fix right and I didn't want to retake the pictures because I wanted to get this posted and move on to more crafting. Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little jealous of your space..a whole room to yourself!! It looks great... now all you need is some self create art on the walls to keep the inspiration up!!

    ReplyDelete