blog background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cupcakes!

For the last few years I have had this love for cupcakes! I love that they are just petite little cakes! I love that I don't have to cut cake when I serve it (less mess)! I love how cute they can be decorated. I love that you can easily have many different flavors for one event. The list of reasons to love cupcakes goes on and on. Well, a few short months ago, Cricut gave me one more reason to love cupcakes (and my Cricut) with the Cricut Lite cartridge, Cupcake Wrappers!


I offered to make some for my friend for her daughter's and brother-in-law's birthday party that she's hosting. I am making her brother-in-law's in Tempting Turquoise by Stampin' Up. Her daughter's I'm making Pink Passion by Stampin' Up. I am going to put a circle on the front of the turquoise ones with a monogrammed S in an orange color, I haven't decided which yet. And a scalloped circle with a C stamped in yellow on the pink.

I have included a picture of the start of the cupcake wrappers. When I get them done I will post another. The wrappers are super easy to make. The sizing is a little hard to figure out but that's what scraps are for. I have read on the Cricut forums that if you have the Expression it is WAY easier because you just have it fit to page. I just have the original Cricut at this point, therefore no fit to page button. :( Luckily I have enough scrap paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment